Dr. Kevin C.-W. Wu
Department of Chemical Engineering
National Taiwan University
Ph.D. Materials Science and Engineering (2005)
The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Research Advisor: Makoto Kuwabara and Shu Yamaguchi
Dissertation Tile: Self-Assembled Mesoporous Thin Film Materials: Synthesis, Micropatterning, and Photo-Electronic Applications
M.S. Agricultural Chemistry (2000)
National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
Thesis Advisor: Ming-Kong Wang
Thesis Tile: The influence of citrate anion on the Al13 formation and the speciation of aluminum
B.S. Agricultural Chemistry (1998)
National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
Dr. Wu got his PhD degree at The University of Tokyo in 2005. After that, he was the post-doc at Waseda Univ. with Prof. Prof. Kazuyuki Kuroda in Japan and at Iowa State Univ. with Prof. Victor Lin in USA from 2005 to 2008. He is currently a professor at the Dept. Chem. Eng., National Taiwan University (NTU), Taiwan. He has published more than 160 international journal papers with a total citation over 7400 times (h index 46). In 2018, he is selected as a Humboldt scholar from Humboldt Foundation, Germany and an outstanding research award from Ministry of Science and Technology (MOST), Taiwan. He is serving as editors for three SCI journals (Advanced Powder Technology, Scientific Reports and Journal of the Taiwan Institute of Chemical Engineers) and is in the editorial board member for two prestigious international journals (ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering (ACS) and Applied Catalysis B: Environmental (Elsevier)). His research interests include the design and synthesis of functional nanoporous materials for sustainable chemistry & engineering applications including biomass conversion, membrane separation, biomedicine and energy devices.
Department of Chemical Engineering, National Taiwan University (Aug. 2016-present)
The Center of Strategic Materials Alliance for Research and Technology (SMART Center), National Taiwan University (Aug. 2013-July 2016)
Department of Chemical Engineering, National Taiwan University (Aug. 2012-July 2016)
Department of Chemical Engineering, National Taiwan University (Aug. 2008-July 2012)
Joint Appointed Assistant Investigator
Division of Medical Engineering Research, National Health Research Institutes (Aug. 2010-present)
International Center for Materials Nanoarchitectonics, National Institute for Materials Science (NIMS) (Jan. 6th -Feb. 23th, 2011)
Chemical and Biological Sciences Program. U.S. DOE Ames Laboratory and Department of Chemistry, Iowa State University, Ames, IA 50011 (Sep. 2006-Jul. 2008)
Multi-functionalized mesoporous silica nanosphere (MSN) for stimuli-responsive intracellular controlled release delivery carries.
Research Advisor-Professor Victor Shang-Yi Lin
Postdoctoral Fellow, Research Associate
Department of Applied Chemistry, Waseda University, Tokyo, Japan (Apr. 2005-Sep. 2006)
Fabrication of mesoporous thin-film materials with desired mesochannel orientation by surfactant chemistry and lithography.
Research Advisor-Professor Kazuyuki Kuroda
- ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering Lectureship Award (ACS), 2019.
- Editorial Board Members, Applied Catalysis B: Environmental (Elsevier), 2019.
- Outstanding Research Award (傑出研究獎), Ministry of Science and Technology, Taiwan, 2018.
- Humboldt scholars, Research Fellowship for Experienced Researchers from Alexander von Humboldt Foundation (洪堡基金會), Germany, 2018-2020.
- Advisory Editorial Board Members, ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering (ACS), 2018.
- Editorial Board, Journal of the Taiwan Institute of Chemical Engineers (Elsevier), 2017-present.
- Outstanding Young Chemist (傑出青年化學家獎) Award, Chemistry Society of Taiwan, 2017.
- Lai Zia-Te (賴再得獎) Award, Taiwan Institute of Chemical Engineers, 2017.
- The SCEJ Award for Outstanding Asian Researcher and Engineer, 2016.
- The Best Paper Award in the Catalysis Society of Taiwan, 2016.
- Editor & Editorial Board, Scientific Reports (Nature Publishing Group), 2015-present.
- Editor & Editorial Board, Scientific Reports (Elsevier), 2012-present.
- Guest Editor, Science and Technology of Advanced Materials, 2015.
- Wu Da-Yu Award of MOST, Taiwan in 2015.
- The Best Contributed Editor in 2015, Advanced Powder Technology (IF: 1.653)
- The Best Paper Award in the Journal “Science and Technology of Advanced Materials", 2014.
- The Distinguished Lectureship Award, The CSJ Asian International Symposium, 2014. Nagoya, Japan.
- Young Investigator Award (YIA), The 2nd International Symposium of Materials on Regenerative Medicine, 2012 (ISOMRM 2012).
- Young Scientists Research Funding Recipient from MOST, Taiwan.